Interested Non-Profit Organizations:
John Hancock has been the principal sponsor of the Boston Marathon for over 30 years. The Company's continued support of the Boston Athletic Association, which has directed the race since 1897, ensures that the marathon remains a world-class event and an important facet of Boston's culture and heritage.
As part of our sponsorship, John Hancock donates hundreds of guaranteed entries each year to select non-profit organizations through our Marathon Non-Profit Program. Organizations use these entries to recruit individual runners who pledge to raise money for their cause.
Once again, John Hancock is pleased to offer this unique opportunity in 2017. Special consideration will be given to those organizations that can demonstrate the capacity and infrastructure to support their runners in their fundraising and training efforts. Additional details & requirements are as follows:
- Applicant organizations must have 501(c)3 status
- Application is open to organizations only; no individuals please
Applications will be accepted through August 31st, 2016
*NOTE applications submitted after this date will not be considered
- Organizations will be notified of decisions via email by September 23rd
- Accepted organizations must agree to:
- Attend a total of 3 onsite informational meetings
*NOTE orientation will be held on October 13, 2016, 4:00pm – 6:00pm
- Sign a Partner Agreement (provided upon acceptance)
- Use CrowdRise as its exclusive online charitable fundraising platform
- Provide fundraising and training for their runners
- Commit to raising a minimum of $5,000 for each invitational entry you receive from John Hancock
Submit your application here
2016 Non-Profit Partners
Boston Marathon News
Learn more about the personal stories of dedication and commitment of many of our non-profit partners
and their team members raising funds,
awareness and hope for a brighter tomorrow.
Visit JHExtramile.com »