John Hancock is proud to have called Boston home for over 150 years. Through our investments and volunteer efforts, we hope to ensure that our hometown remains a vibrant community of innovation, strength, and resiliency for generations to come.
John Hancock is committed to strengthening the communities where we live and work, and our employees are our most valuable resource in doing so. Our Signature Corps volunteers give their time and talents to more than 100 projects annually, working together to make a lasting difference in the lives of others.
In addition to giving our time, we invest dollars in our communities to help make them strong today and achieve their greatest potential in the future.
Our goal is to help make Boston a healthier and more equitable city. To achieve this goal, we focus on two impact areas: Health & Well-being and Economic Opportunity.
By Health & Wellbeing we seek to empower individuals to improve their health through increased physical activity and better nutrition. Under Economic Opportunity, we want individuals – particularly youth – to gain the knowledge, skills and experiences necessary to improve their financial futures.
You must meet the following criteria to be considered for support:
- Organization is a registered 501(c)(3)
- Programs benefit the Boston community
- Donations do NOT benefit an individual or private entity
- Organization is NOT a religious or political organization, unless operating with a mission of social welfare under a separate 501(c)(3)
- Organization has policies in place that prohibits discrimination based on race, color, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, veteran, or marital status.
- Mission is aligned with John Hancock’s mission and strategic focus areas: Health & Wellbeing and Economic Opportunity.
- Before applying for financial support, we strongly encourage you to review our signature programs, MLK Scholarsand John Hancock Boston Marathon Non-Profit Program to consider first if there is a potential fit.
**Unsolicited requests not submitted through an online application will not be reviewed.